Asics Gel Challenger 9 Mens Tennis Shoes
- PGuard Toe Protector-Enhanced toe durability.
- Synthetic Leather and Mesh Upper-Lightweight, comfortable and breathable, enhancing performance and fit.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems-Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- P.H.F. (Personal Heel Fit)-2 layers of memory foam line the collar and mold to the athleteÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s heel, creating a personalized fit.
- Solyte Midsole Material-A lighter weight midsole compound than ASICSÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ standard EVA and SpEVA. Also features enhanced cushioning and durability.
- Trusstic System-Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
- AHAR-ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
Average weight: 14.2 oz. (Mens 10.5)
- Overall Rating: 4.5 / 5.0
- Write a Review
I've been a longtime fan of Asics shoes for years; for tennis, running and gym workouts. My Challenger 9's are my latest purchase, and "kick it up a notch". The fit is perfect (I'm a 12), with good toe room, comfort across the instep and snug but not tight heel fit. The fore- and rear-Gel cushioning absorbs the pounding from playing on hard courts, sparing my ankles and knees, yet gives me solid court contact. I'm totally pleased with them, and look forward to enjoying new Asics versions in the future . . . though the long-wearing outsoles may make that some time away!
Asics Gel Sneaker
4.0 Senior doubles player,have played for 50 years. Active in several USTA teams. I liked the sneaker,it seems to be good for a wide foot.Light weight and comfortable and is holding well on hard tru courts that I use it on here in FL and will use on NY courts this summer.
I have a pair Asics before I purchased this one. It is very comfortable and fit good. Gel cushioning is what I have been looking for. I give it a 4 stars cause I only wear it 3 times to play tennis.
good shoe, good price
A friend recommended Asics, so I bought these on sale because of other good reviews. Great arch support, the bottom is a little stiff, but the top is soft. Too soon to judge durability.
good shoes, great price
Bought for my 16 and 10 year old sons. The older guy goes through a pair in 3 months and is a bit demanding, but he seems to be very comfortable in his first pair of asics - normally he would wear adidas or nike
I never tried this brand for tennis but was surprised of how comfortable it is when I stepped on the court. Don't know how the wear will be since I just bought it week ago. It feels light just as their running shoes. So far so good.
I bought this pair because of sale price. I've worn them for several tennis matches and so far I'm very happy with them.
2nd pair, they are very comfortable
Asics Gel Challenger 9
I like Asics shoes very much and feel great comfort with a lot of support when I am working out every week.
Xmas gift looks good
just recieved my order and tried them on,the fit was true to size.They look and feel great but I won't be using them until after the holidays so I'll submit another review soon about the shoes.
My second pair
Liked my first pair so much I bought a second pair. Comfortable, relatively light, stable, and durable. Good value.
Right price, right shoes
I have been wearing Asics running shoes the last few years and this tennis shoe doesn't disappoint either. The traction has a little more friction which means I can move the lateral movement faster. But on the other hand, this shoe might not give you a sliding movement like Novak. The shoes are very well made, comfortable and fits well on my feet. The only downside I have found so far is durability. I only wore twice for the game and I already found small scratches on the bottom. I am not sure how long I can wear this shoe. But in general, it works well for me.
I have had Asics shoes before when I went to Australia for the Hopman Cup. These are very comfortable and I really am satisfied with them. I would highly recommend them.