Asics Gel Resolution 5 Womens Tennis Shoes
- Flexion Fit upper provdes form-fitting comfort.
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.)-Enhances the foot's natural function and performance by linking the shoe's components.
- Solyte Midsole Material-Lighter than Asics' standard EVA and SpEVA, combined with improved cushioning and durability.
- GEL Cushioning Systems-Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases.
- PHF (Personal Heel Fit)-Memory foam lined heel collar molds to athletes heel, creating personalized fit.
- PGuard toe protection for added toe durability.
Average weight: 12.3 oz. (Womens 8.5)
- Overall Rating: 4.5 / 5.0
- Write a Review
I bought 3 pairs in size 9 last March and LOVE them. The fit, cushioning, and playability is perfect. I just bought 2 pair of white shoes, and the toebox is so tight that I can't wear the shoes. I'm afraid to get a half-size larger for fear that would be too large. It's probably best to try these on before buying because of the inconsistent sizing.
I like this shoe because it works for a narrow foot.
Shoe is comfortable, altho a bit heavy. I find that the arch support wears out after about 3-4 months of use (3-5 days of doubles tennis a week). Toe box seems to have gotten a bit wider this time around ---which is a good thing. Wish they'd bring back the Gel 3 - its more comfortable and a bit better fitting in the toe box.
I'm a long time Barricade II wearer and finally had no choice but to find another option. The toe box is more snug on this shoe than the Barricade II and also a bit shorter. I had to go up a half size to get the length I needed. Major points for being low to the ground, plush feeling, and having a very secure lacing system.