New Balance WC 996WS (D) Womens Tennis Shoes
- Low profile
- Synthetic mesh upper with NDURE cage for lightweight stability.
- Molded "N" logo
- ISS for added comfort, fit, and stability
- PROBANK in the midsole for lightweight stability.
- Premium insert
- ABZORB foam for superior cushioning and compression
- REVLITE for a 32% lighter than standard foam
- Ndurance rubber for maximum durability in high wear areas
- Herringbone outsole
- Non-marking outsole
Average weight: 12.0 oz. (size 8.5)
- Overall Rating: 4.5 / 5.0
- Write a Review
I have been playing team tennis a long time. I have a big foot. 11D. I have worn many shoes for this particular New Balance shoe is by far the most comfortable for me I have ever worn. Thank you Midwest for a great shoe.
Good recreational shoe
This is my third pair of these. I should have given them 5 stars but they wear out pretty fast. The sole isn't chunky and I like that because I can feel the court, but the downside is there is not much tread. I play 3-4 times per week for several hours, about half on clay and half on hard court, so I do give them a good work out. Also, while they are very comfortable eventually, and they don't have a long break-in period, I always find I have to adjust the ties a lot during the first month to get them just right. Although I always get the wide version, the toe box isn't as wide as other NB models. If you want your white shoes to be bright white after washing, these will prove challenging. The mesh part easily picks up the clay and they don't clean-up perfectly. Still, they are really great shoes and I recommend them for recreational play. Especially if you don't like all leather. My feet stay cooler in these.