NOVACAULK #2 has the same properties as Novacaulk #1, plus it has been fortified with unique fibers so that when cured, the resultant film actually becomes a non-woven fabric. This feature makes it especially suited for treating cracks on tennis courts when applied over Novacaulk #1.
The Novacaulk system will tolerate movement of the pavement on both sides of a crack. As a crack becomes wider, the Novacaulk repair will actually elongate and the top layer acts as a bridge over the crack. Conversely, as a crack closes, the elastic properties of this system allow the entire crack repair to close with it.
ADVANTAGES OF NOVACAULK:
- Ease of Application - No mixing
- Becomes Water Resistant Quickly
- Provides Ideal Base for Novacrylic Coatings
- Water Clean-up
- Remains Elastic
- Clean crack so that it is free of all vegetation and debris. Remove all lost pavement from crack.
- Install backer rod (must be wider than crack) into crack, top of rod 3/16" below surface or fill crack with clean sand to within 3/16" of surface
- Using a broad knife, squeegee rubber, or similar tool, fill crack to refusal with Novacaulk #2. It is important to exert some pressure when placing the Novacaulk into the void so that the material comes in contact with the walls of the crack.
- Allow the Novacaulk to set. (4 hours during ideal drying conditions - longer when damp or cool).
- Optional: Extremely wide cracks my need a second application of Novacaulk #2 and probably the repair should extend further out to the side. Novacaulk #2 is easily spread with a squeegee when first placed on the pavement. If, after a few minutes, it becomes difficult to spread smoothly, sprinkle a few drops of water over the repair. This will make the material easier to smooth.
- Allow repair to dry and coat with Novacrylic color system of your choice.
NOTE: Midwest Sports & Nova Sports USA does not guarantee the results of any repairs using these products.
Cracking of pavement is caused by many factors, most of which are not on the surface of the pavement. Because of this, Midwest Sports & Nova Sports USA does not represent the Novacaulk system as a cure-all for cracked tennis courts. However, we feel that these products have gone a step beyond what has been available until now, in both methods and expected performance. Most minor cracks treated with this method should never appear again. Some major cracks will be permanently repaired, and some of them will reappear, but as smaller, less troublesome cracks. We expect that the use of these products will enable owners to use existing cracked tennis courts that would otherwise have to be ripped out or treated with a more costly overlay type of repair.
DILUTION: Use Novacaulk undiluted.
SPREADING RATE: 70 linear feet per gallon, per coat.
COLOR: Grass Green, Neutral, Nova (Dark) Green, Red
PACKAGED QUANTITY: 1 gallon pail. (Call or email for COST OF A 5 GALLON PAIL.)
Minimum Application Temperature is 50?F and rising.
NOVACAULK is not hazardous and is free of lead, mercury, asbestos and formaldehyde.
All returns subject to 15% restocking fee.
PLEASE READ: IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION
** The shipping charge for this item is $9.95
Not available for in store pickup.
This product ships directly from the manufacturer. Returns must ship directly back to the manufacturer, Please contact Midwest Sports for shipping address. Please allow 5-10 business days for delivery.